The Library of the Maison des Planchettes
The Séminaire de Saint-Flour was founded by Bishop Jacques de Montrouge in 1651. Between 1752 and 1762, Mgr Paul de Ribeyre had the Grand Séminaire built, a vast building with a majestic facade, leaning against the southern flank of the medieval city of Saint-Flour. In 1840, Bishop de Marguerye had a wing built which would house the new “Grande Bibliothèque”. The works were carried out according to the plans of Arveuf, architect in Paris.
The rehabilitation project includes three main axes: restoration of joinery and woodwork, installation of a heating and hygrometric control system in order to create the best conditions for saving books; development of the ground floor in order to centralize the diocesan archives and the library; opening to the public and creation of a reading room.